Thursday, October 20, 2016

#Write31Days: 21 • park

write 31 days 2016

Friday 21 October: park

Five Minute Friday host Kate Motaung provided today's park prompt.

There's a revered history of municipal and other public parks in the USA. This topic is a where do I start challenge! National Parks I've visited and loved include Capitol Reef, Zion, and Bryce in Utah. Chincoteague and Assateague in Virginia are part of the National Seashore, similar to parks in recreational promise. Smoky Mountain National Park in Gatlinburg and environs, Tennessee. All of those take multi-day excursions from almost anywhere you live, though I guarantee they are more than worth the planning, the expense, the time. I believe every state in the USA has designated state parks that are less expansive and extensive than national parks, but still remain in the special trip together category. Small local parks—some not more than an acre or two or three. You've enjoyed a few! A couple months ago I visited famous medium-sized Griffith Park that's both a tourist and a local attraction. But for this FMF I'll feature Grand Park in downtown Current City. My header pic provides a sample of the bright street furniture where people hang out to read, visit, eat lunch, draw, play, study, and pray during the day.

Define park? Let's try a section of land set apart for human and critter pleasure, filled with well-cared for plants, flowers, paths, benches, shelters from sun, heat, rain, wind...

five minute friday button

3 comments:

  1. I sure hope to visit the national parks. I am your neighbor at FMF and also I am #write31days. I just learned because I am close to retirement I can get a pass to visit our local park at a very good rate. Blessings my friend. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to some of those parks, and they were wonderful! But local parks are wonderful as well. I'm glad you have such a lovely one so close to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky Mountain National Park is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!